- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded, mainly white meat (Tip: Costco's your best bet)
- 2 large boxes of fresh spinach
- 2 standard bags of wide egg noodles
- 1 small onion
- 1 quart Whipping Cream
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Cream crackers, crushed (or bread crumbs will do) (Optional)
- Shredded cheese as topping
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil egg noodles according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Stir fry spinach and onion with some oil/butter. Drain and set aside.
- Stir cooked egg noodles, shredded chicken, fried spinach, whipping cream, milk and mayo. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If making ahead, you can transfer mixture to a casserole-ready dish. Cover with foil and refrigerate.
- Before serving, spread crushed crackers or bread crumbs on top. Then spread cheese.
- Reheat in 350 deg F oven until dish is heated and the cheese has melted.
- In last 5 minutes, set oven to broil on low to brown the top.
Source: Inspired by a Real Simple recipe found here.