This is a pretty fail-proof recipe which I adapted from this website.
1 stick (4 0z) butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk (substitute: add 1 teaspoon vinegar in 1 cup whole milk)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
11/4 cup mashed bananas (3-4 ripe (blackened) bananas)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 8"x4" loaf tins.
- Cream butter and sugar well, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add 1/3 of dry mixture then 1/3 of milk. Repeat until dry mixture is mixed well with milk.
- Stir in mashed bananas, chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased loaf tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 55-60 minutes.