From Russia with love. A quick and easy 30-minute meal that is hearty and satisfying.
- 1 lb beef filet, sliced thinly (I used round-eye steak)
- 1/3 cup onions
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Parsley (dill would work too)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 6 Tbsp of butter
- Worchester sauce
- Corn starch
- Salt and pepper
- Egg noodles
- Slice beef into thin strips
- Add corn starch, 2 tablespoons of worcester sauce, salt and pepper to beef and marinate for a few hours
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in frying pan at high heat, then turn to medium hea and brown beef slices. Set aside.
- Add another 3 tablespoon of butter and fry the brown onions. Add beef broth to dissolve the caramelized burnt bits on the pan.
- Add mushrooms, tomato paste and parsley, and turn up the heat to cook the mixture.
- After the mushrooms and onions are soft, turn down the heat before adding the sour cream. Important: Keep heat low, do not allow mixture to boil or simmer to ensure the sour cream does not curdle.
- Add beef to the sour cream and mushroom sauce and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot over egg noodles, with parsley as garnishing.
Adapted from this recipe from Simply Recipes.